Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Daily Hukamnama - Dec 15th

BIHAAGRAA, FOURTH MEHL: Those who do not remember the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, O my soul those self-willed manmukhs are foolish and ignorant. Those who attach their consciousness to emotional attachment and Maya, O my soul, depart regretfully in the end. They find no place of rest in the Court of the Lord, O my soul; those self-willed manmukhs are lured by sin. O servant Nanak, those who meet the Guru are saved, O my soul; chanting the Name of the Lord, they are absorbed in the Name of the Lord. || 1 || Go, everyone, and meet the True Guru, O my soul; He implants the Name of the Lord, Har, har, within. Do not hesitate for an instant meditate on the Lord, O my soul; who knows whether or not you shall draw another breath? That time, that moment, that instant, that second is so fruitful, O my soul, when the Lord comes into my consciousness. Servant Nanak has meditated on the Naam, O my soul, and now, the Messenger of Death does not even approach him. || 2 || The Lord continually watches and hears everything, O my soul; only those who commit sins are afraid. Those whose hearts are pure within, O my soul, cast off all their fears. Those who have faith in the Name of the Fearless Lord, O my soul all their enemies and attackers speak against them in vain. Nanak serves the Perfect Guru, O my soul, who causes all to fall at His feet. || 3 || So serve such a Lord continuously, O my soul, who is the Great Lord and Master of all. Those who single-mindedly worship Him in adoration, O my soul, are not subservient to anyone. Serving the Guru, I have obtained the Mansion of the Lord's Presence, O my soul; all the slanderers and trouble-makers bark in vain. Servant Nanak meditates on the Naam, O my soul; such is the pre-ordained destiny which the Lord has written on his forehead. || 4 || 5 ||

No comments: